Sunday, 7 November 2010

1950s inspiration





Today I have been packaging up all of my work for the 'Partridge in a Pear Tree' Christmas Exhibition at Rufford Country Park (preview next Sunday 2-4pm)and once that was all done I had some time to get my sketchbook out and do some sketches for some new designs. I have been reading a lot of design blogs and am really drawn to the 1950s tea and coffee sets and the patterns by such designers as Lucienne Day. I love the simple lines, colour palettes and the designs of that time so I'm putting together some new work inspired by that era. Here are some pages from today....

1 comment:

birgittadesigns@hotmail.co.uk said...

LOve the new sketches hun, I love Lucienne Day have you seen the new reissued fabrics they have in used in their sofa's and chairs in Heals, lovely. I also love Angie Lewins work very reminiscent of the 50's. Glad things going well look forward to seeing your finished work. regards Birgitta