Sunday, 19 December 2010

time flying by... a bit philosophical


flippin' 'eck, doesn't time fly by when you're having fun? I can't believe I haven't posted since 1st December and here we are on 19th with less than a week until Santa comes!! I've been smugly organised this year and have made a conscious effort to chill out in december and take it easy rather than running round like a blue-arsed fly and being absolutely knackered by the 25th!! After our summer of being away lots on holiday and in our caravan we have had some much-needed time at home, and it has been GREAT! We have had a good few weekends just being here, cooking, walking and being all domestic, and it has been a welcome change...
....which makes me think about getting the balance right in life. It's quite a difficult thing to do, especially when you are trying to run a small creative business and all that entails, working part time in a relatively stressful day job, seeing your friends and family and spending quality time with those you love. Sometimes it's easy to lose sight of what is important, you can get so wrapped up in your own little world. Being not-as-busy-as-usual has made me realise that it's ok to not have something planned every weekend, in fact it has been really good for us, I wouldn't want to do nothing every weekend, but sometimes it is just what you need.
Having a bit of down-time has also given me time to think about my business and the things I want to do next year.... I have a few ideas up my sleeve which I can't wait to share... but I think this time of year it's also good to look back to see how far you have come, and give yourself a good old pat on the back for your achievements!
Well, thats all from me today, I think all this time on my hands has made me feel a bit philosophical so I'm off to do a bit of sketching in front of the fire. This blog will be moving soon to my new rebranded abode, if you want the link you can find it here and you can also check out my fab new website here

1 comment:

Karen Faulkner said...

The new website looks awesome Sue!!!!